Minneapolis Cider Company logo

Minneapolis Cider Company Seeks Pickleball Convenor near Minneapolis, MN


icon for Pickleball Pickleball Convenor

Adult Rec | Season
1 officials needed
$18/Per Hour


Minneapolis, MN, US

701 SE 9th St


  • No Experience Necessary

Starts on:

May 20, 2022

About this League/Association

Minneapolis Cider Company

How to apply

  • Website

website https://www.minneapoliscider.co



Welcome to Minneapolis Cider! We are a craft cidery and taproom based in Northeast Minneapolis, producing delicious apple ciders and cocktails from real fruit. We still very much have a start-up culture, and have continued to grow as we operate the busiest cider taproom in Minnesota, and just expanded to a total of 27,000 square feet of indoor space -- which includes 4 indoor pickleball courts.

We're looking for someone to help us manage day-to-day pickleball customer communication and our robust pickleball community leagues. We have 430+ weekly pickleball players in each 7-week season, which are overwhelmingly popular. This role is 75% computer administration, working with various software programs - and the other 25% is customer service, replying to customer emails.


This role will work directly with one of the business owners on all aspects of league management, including:

  • League Planning: Finding the right mix of leagues offered, maximizing court time utility, pricing structure, etc.
  • Administration: Working with various programs to create and manage league operations.
  • Marketing & Communications: Developing communication strategies and facilitating a fair sign-up process as we have an overwhelming demand for the leagues.
  • Refining & Improving Processes: We have a detailed operating procedure for league management, and look to this intern to improve and develop best practices for future leagues.
  • Player Engagement: Handling all questions and concerns of league players. We also would like this intern role to actually play in one of the weekly leagues, so they develop a deeper understanding of the program.

This role will also be the first point of communication for our main pickleball email, and respond to requests from customers about their pickleball reservations. While this role is really flexible on when the league administration is completed, we do need someone who is able to respond to all email inquiries within 24 hours.


  • Extreme attention to detail. This role is in charge of making sure hundreds of people know where they’re supposed to be and when – managing these details is critical.
  • Proficient computer skills – ability to learn and use various software programs.
  • An engaging personality. Do you feel energized meeting new people? Our goal is for you to become am integral part of our local pickleball community.
  • A curious mind. We're looking for people that are eager to learn - about cider, pickleball and our business and in general.
  • A considerate touch/approach. We're looking for thoughtful people who are able to read the room and identify how to best take care of our players. Crafting wonderful guest experiences is the basis of our entire business.

Time Commitment: Approximately 8-10 hours per week. There is flexibility to perform the work entirely remotely if desired, however It would be preferred to have someone local though who can experience our place first hand and

Compensation: $18/hr, one team spot in any of our pickleball leagues, and employee cider benefits.

Be sure to answer the question about why you want this position or provide a cover letter!

Job Type: Part-time

Pay: $18.00 per hour


  • Employee discount
  • Flexible schedule

Application Question(s):

  • Why do you want this role?

Share on: