Ed Snider Youth Hockey Seeks Hockey Scorekeepers near Philadelphia, PA
Hockey ScorekeepersYouth | Season
4 officials needed
Philadelphia, PA, US
- No Experience Necessary
- Background Check
Sept. 1, 2022
About this League/Association
Ed Snider Youth Hockey
How to apply
Snider Hockey is a nationally acclaimed non-profit that uses the sport of hockey to educate and empower the under-resourced youth of Philadelphia to prosper in the game of life. Evidence-based outcomes are young citizens who:
- Achieve academic success as they matriculate from Crayons through College;
- Consistently make healthy and thoughtful life choices;
- Serve as positive role models to the next generation of Snider Hockey student-athletes;
- Realize gainful and rewarding employment; and
- Give back to their community.
The Scorekeeper position is tasked with recording goals, assists, and penalties during league home games for competitive Snider Hockey travel teams. Both written and electronic tracking is required for this position.
- Candidates with experience in sports scorekeeping are preferred but not required.
- Scorekeepers must be available mornings, afternoons, and some evenings on the weekends.
- The scorekeeper assigned to a game must arrive early and prepare score sheets for the game and making sure the score clock is ready.
- The scorekeeper is the manager of the official game record. It is his/her job to keep track of the game score and all other statistics and important data in written or electronic form
- Where there is a scoreboard, it is the duty of the scorekeeper to make sure the score, time, and other official game information is accurately reflected on the scoreboard.
- As the official representative of the league, the scorekeeper needs to be on top of the time and keep the game officials on schedule so that back-to-back games stay on schedule.
- The official scorekeeper must report any major event (suspension, major penalties, etc) to the Manager of Travel Hockey Programs after the game.
- Hiring is conditional on the successful completion of a criminal background check; applicants should also either possess or be able to attain required background clearances.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Tracking and recording goals, assists, and penalties during a live ice hockey game both on an iPad or on a physical scoresheet
- Operate an electronic game clock during a competitive ice hockey age.
- Communicate with referees during gameplay on penalties and goals.
- Ensure scoresheets are being completed and properly each game.
- For online score sheets, ensure that are being uploaded accurately.
- Communicating any issues to the Manager of Travel Hockey Programs.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit in an ice rink for multiple hours. Employee is expected to dress appropriately for conditions and plan accordingly.
The essential responsibilities of this position are performed indoors, mainly at ice hockey rinks. The noise level in the work environments can range from moderate to loud during games and is minimal during non-event/program times.
Work is completed on the weekends between the hours of 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM. Between the months of September and February.