City of Barrie Seeks All Sports near Barrie, ON
All SportsYouth & Adult | Season
1 officials needed
$17.59 - 21.45/Per Hour
Barrie, ON, CA
See Job Description
Aug. 31, 2022
About this League/Association
City of Barrie
How to apply
RCS.Recruitment@Barrie.ca For full position details, please request a copy of the Job Description by emailing
Recreation and Culture Services builds vibrant, healthy, active and connected communities by providing facilities and programs that give all Barrie residents an opportunity to participate in recreational activities. Key responsibilities include identifying community recreation needs and interests, developing and delivering recreation opportunities which meet these needs and interests, maintaining and operating recreational and cultural facilities to provide a setting for these activities, and managing the provision of space to external community providers and groups.
Under the general guidance and direction of the Recreation Active Living Programmer, and reporting to the Recreation Supervisor, the Referee (PT) position is responsible for officiating sports games for City of Barrie sport leagues. Specifically, this position enforces the rules of the game and ensures that all players are abiding by the rules. Overall, this position plays an integral role in the delivery of safe, fair and enjoyable league programs at the City of Barrie.
Our Culture and Qualifications of the Job
- Your workplace values align with our corporate values of Strive, Share and Care and you want to join us in providing exceptional services and programs to build a prosperous, growing and sustainable community
- Demonstrated experience as a player in applicable sports
- Working knowledge of the rules of the applicable sport
- Demonstrated ability to maintain the pace of the applicable sport
- Demonstrated ability to diffuse conflict situations
- Intermediate verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Conditions of Employment
- Standard First Aid, CPR Level C and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certifications
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check*
- Please note that this is a requirement of the position for any new employees to the City of Barrie in accordance with the Police Record Check Procedure. Existing employees may be grandparented from this requirement in accordance with the Police Record Check Procedure.
Other Important Information
Wage: This is a casual part-time non-union position with the following 2022 pay range:
- Hourly Pay Rate: $17.59 to $21.45 per hour
Hours: The normal hours of work are up to and including 24 hours per week with a varying schedule to support business demand.
Location: Allandale Recreation Centre (190 Bayview Drive, Barrie), East Bayfield Community Centre (80 Livingstone Street East, Barrie), Peggy Hill Team Community Centre (171 Mapleton Avenue, Barrie).
The City of Barrie is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices and we will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require Code-protected accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Disclaimer: The job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees to do this job. For full position details, please request a copy of the Job Description by emailing RCS.Recruitment@Barrie.ca.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.