Boy's & Girl's Club of Whatcom County Seeks Baseball Umpires near Bellingham, WA
Baseball UmpiresYouth | Season
3 officials needed
Bellingham, WA, US
1715 Kentucky St
- No Experience Necessary
June 1, 2022
Saturdays 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
About this League/Association
Boy's & Girl's Club of Whatcom County
How to apply
The role of the baseball umpire is to make sure that the rules of the game they are officiating are being followed by all players. A Referee/umpire will explain rules as needed and ensure that all participants understand the rules. Referees/umpires call when rules are broken and assess penalties.
- Officiating games
- Ensuring Field Safety
- Promoting Sportsmanship
- Field Inspection
- Explaining & teaching the rules
Internal: Maintains close contact with Athletic Coordinators, Program Manager, and Volunteer Coaches
- Minimum age 18
- Ability to work independently
- Umpiring/refereeing experience preferred
- Knowledge of the Rules of Play standards for baseball and the ability to enforce the such rules
- Ability to maintain a safe and positive playing environment in accordance with rules and the Boys & Girls Club policies.
- Ability to communicate clearly with coaches, co-workers, and parents
- Ability to maintain order by communicating effectively with persons who may be upset and unreasonable
- Must have reliable transportation
- Valid proof of vaccine completion is required, in the form of a CDC-compliant vaccination record card or photo of the card; or, documentation of vaccination from a health care provider or electronic health record; or, state immunization information system record; or, for an individual who was vaccinated outside of the United States, a reasonable equivalent of any of the above. Personal attestation is not an acceptable form of verification of COVID-19 vaccination.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to function under fast-paced and noisy conditions; May require being active for long periods of time; hear and understand speech at normal levels; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; the physical agility to push, pull, lift and or carry up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions; duties are normally performed at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Whatcom County. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet while in the office and moderately loud when in the field.
The job description in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed by a Referee As necessary, the staff will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the AD and/or Chief Operating Officer. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Whatcom County reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.